Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hung up on Jews

My friend asked me the other night, how do you respond to this: He had a friend over, a Polish Catholic girl. At the end, when they were talking for a bit, she asked him, "so why don't you Jews accept Christ as the savior?"


She didn't sound racist or mean spirited, my friend just didn't know what to say, so he asked me how I would respond.


I told him that just the other day a polish catholic co-worker of mine had asked me if it was true that some jews went their whole life without eating bacon, ever.


My response: why are you wondering about a couple of million Jews who don't eat bacon, what about the billion Muslims or the billion Hindu that don't eat bacon their whole life.


People are so hung up on what a few million Jews do or don't do, but they would never think it strange that a Muslim does not accept Christ as their savior or that a Hindu may never eat bacon.








1 comment:

Jackie said...

Don't think you can just get away with dodging the question- why is it that you don't accept Christ as your savior?