Friday, March 18, 2011

UFC 128 Picks

Here are my picks for UFC 128.

I'm only giving picks for fights on the main card.

Main Card for this Saturday night's UFC 128

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (205) vs. Jon Jones (205)
I like Shogun to keep his title. This is the guy who took out the dragon Machida. Shogun is an experienced warrior and while Jon 'Bones' Jones has crazy talent he's young, he's raw and I don't know that he's ready for prime time. He may pull it out, anything can happen inside the octagon, but I give the edge to Shogun.

Urijah Faber (135.5) vs. Eddie Wineland (135.5)
I am blown away by the talent and workhorse ability of Faber 'The California Kid.' I'm still shocked that he lost the fights he did back in the WEC. I just can't see Wineland taking him, especially at 135 lbs.

Jim Miller (155.5) vs. Kamal Shalorus (155)
I give the nod to Miller on this one.

Nate Marquardt (186) vs. Dan Miller (185)
Marquardt is on the hunt to get back into the title chase, he needs this win bad. Dan Miller might pull it out but Marquardt is a force to be reckoned with and is already calling out Bisping. I'm picking Nate The Great Marquardt.

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (229) vs. Brendan Schaub (245)
Schaub is good and Cro Cop has not blown me away in any fight since he destroyed Gonzaga. I think Schaub will take out this legend. If Cro Cop can regain his old form Schaub is in deep trouble, but I haven't seen Cro Cop in that form in a long time.

Happy Hunting.


No comments: