Monday, October 17, 2011

We Have Our Own Interests

I remember, one of the first things I saw when I visited Yad V'Shem, the Holocaust Museum, were pictures from American Planes of the camps and train lines.

Israelis, Jews from as far back as I can recall often held these pictures and other events like turned back boats and late entry to the war as proof that America failed. "America hated the Jews too," they said.

And the answer that America had its own interests was never accepted. Because it was the Holocaust and it happened to us.

And than I heard Israeli President Peres, at the beginning of the Arab Spring, defending Assad & Mubarak as men of stability.

I read Wiki Leaks and learned of secret deals between Israel and Saudi Arabia.

And selling "defense" weaponry to whomever can pay.

And on and on and on.

And I ask people, how can Israel support, trade and defend dictators with barbarous regimes?

And the answer is always the same: We have our own interests.

No comments: